Solitaire wargame covering the history of the Byzantine empire
- Overall winner in 2015-16 Wargame Print and Play Contest
Constantinople is a solitaire historical wargame covering the millennium-long history of the Byzantine empire, from the foundation of Constantinople in AD330 until its fall in AD1453. The player uses military might as well as diplomacy and outright bribery to keep the many opposing forces at bay for as long as possible. Can you outlive the historic Byzantine empire, or will your efforts be relegated to an obscure footnote in the history books?
Constantinople is not a highly detailed, historically accurate simulation of the history of the Byzantine Empire, but is historically based and gives a sense of the real situation of the Byzantine Empire throughout its existence, and provides some insights into the history surrounding Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire.
Find out more about board game on boardgamegeek.com
- App development: Marian Gablovský
- Board game design: Steve Ashing
- Board game art: Ilya Kudriashov
- Music: "The Descent" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Sounds: "Medieval Fanfare" tobyk Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Built with: